Sunday, October 04, 2009

September Musings

A journey of a thousand miles,
starts with a single step

What a month September was! Just looking back and reflecting on the changes that seem to come hand in hand with the turning of the wheel and our journey into Autumn.

I had a wonderful birthday....my son and his wife surprised me with this wonderful 'icecream' birthday cake, complete with glitter and sparkles and a special Happy Birthday to the Purple Pixie on it....Hmmmm delicious :o)

My birthday day was spent at Stokesley show with family. And in the livestock tent...I saw this.....
A wonderful rare breed rabbit (called a hare actually although it is a rabbit) a perfect replica of a Moon Gazing Hare! I WANT ONE!!!!!


Ive done a couple of Christening posters...
And two pieces of work for an exhibition., I'll write about these in another blog post.

Stokesley show and my birthday was definitely a turning point. I have a deep fear of heights and fair ground rides. After my first declaration about needing to overcome my fears on both these levels while staring at the big wheel and changing my mind half a dozen times.....I did it! Ironically doing that was a catalyst towards other moves I was about to make and really wasn't prepared for.
Many years ago I used Bach Flower Remedies. I was last weekend in a very strange place, I needed to make a decision about my 'relationship' (if you can call it that with the said Beltane Man. I tried to shift my preconceived ideas and deal with how I 'didn't feel' about him, and I really did try and get at least some feeling for him.....but they just weren't there. We had nothing in common. He is very laid back, to the point he had no dreams, no excitement and no real motivation. My sense of humour I'm sure he found pathetic and even at times childish, but there again that's me! lol. And I knew I had to end it as it was going and never would go anywhere. I took the remedies (6 of them actually!) and something shifting in me to give me the courage to say goodbye. No tears, no anger, no....nothing really. Just relief. I was finding the relationship depressing....and I don't need that. So happy Pixie is on her own.
Then my friend dying, while tragic though it was, made me have to take a train journey on my own for the first time since I lost my sight. Was I scared? Yes! I was absolutely terrified. But it was either that or miss her funeral. More remedies...I took them and I did it! And now.....Well, now I have the bug for travelling! I don't know where I'm going and where I will end up, but I have to do this, again and again and again. It's the only way to overcome fear.....Oh yes....the Pixiie Power is back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...