Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nursery Rhymes. - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Many years ago now I worked on a large broadsheet which contained a lot of Children's Nursery Rhymes. My original reason for this is that I wanted to turn it into a full sized, full colour printed poster. It was sent with a large amount of my work to be put in an exhibition and promote calligraphy around the North East area.
I was delayed in picking the work up and the centre change managers and despite their reassurance that everything was safe....the whole exhibition was lost. Much of it was my precious gold Leaf work.

While I have been working on and off with developing these letters over the last few months, I realised that the letters particularly lend themselves to Nursery Rhymes. This is my interpretation of Twinkle Twinkle....


I've used tiny caps (my favourite) as a contrast to the informal 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. Perhaps you will see this better.

And this is a close up detail of the letters I've been working on....

Unfortunately I don't get much chance to do big pieces of work these days. as the vast majority of my work is either for commission or for sale. This one is for sale :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...