Sunday, October 18, 2009

Inspired by Words... I certainly am!

Ok, ok, so the great Mrs. Fit who jumped up and down ladders yesterday, perhaps isn't as fit as she thought (now where's that yoga book!) anyway, the opportunity for a day out arose and feeling like I'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, I jumped at the chance.
So, look where I've been today....
Can you tell where it is yet?

Although Ripon Cathedral is not my favourite Cathedral, Durham is,) I was there for a very special reason. And I was not disappointed. In fact I was overwhelmed, stunned, very proud and speechless....yes can you believe it.... me speechless! That's a first!

I was there to see an Exhibition by North Yorkshire Calligraphers, of whom I am the President. The group was formed way back in 1990, by myself and with the great help of 2 others. The work is superb...in fact I will go further than that and say that is some of the finest and inventive calligraphy and Lettering Art that has been seen for many years. Well, done everyone!

If you get the chance to go, please do! The exhibition is open daily until the end of the month.

Below are just 3 of the many pieces that took my breath away....

Ian Ditchburn (Chairman)

Anne Porritt
And again, another by Ian

The photos of the exhibition
show only a half of the exhibits.
Didn't they do well?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...