Monday, October 05, 2009

Salutation To The Dawn from the Sanskrit

Here's my second entry for the exhibition at Ripon Cathedral. I remember so clearly the first time I heard it, it was during a Hatha Yoga Class that I attended. Ahhhh happy days. Our tutor also covered Ayurveda Medicine and philosophy. I had already studied Tibetan Buddhism so the philosophy sat easily with me. My waking up routing every day was 3 full rounds of the Salute to the Sun.....crippling at first! Ohhhh I must get back to my Yoga.

CLICK ON PICTURE FOR A BETTER VIEW
The words are as follows:
Listen to the salutation to the dawn,
Look to this day
for it is life,
the very life of life,
In its brief course lie all the verities
and realities of our existence.

The bliss of growth,
the splendour of beauty,
For yesterday is but a dream
and tomorrow is only a vision,
But today well spent
makes every yesterday
a dream of happiness
and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well therefore to this day.
Such is the salutation to the dawn.
Sadly, no matter how many pictures I took of this piece, they never came out. The piece is framed and on sale for £95.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...