Sunday, October 04, 2009

Exhibition Piece - Dreaming of Oneness by Jamie Sams

Oh I do hope that either one or all of these pictures enlarge

I was asked to submit a couple of pieces of work for the North Yorkshire Calligraphers Annual exhibition that is to be held at the prestigious Ripon Cathedral. The exhibition opened on Friday and will run for the month of October. Many of the pieces of work are for sale (including my own). 4 pieces actually sold as the exhibition was being hung!

As their founder and honorary President, I must admit I was feeling under pressure to 'produce the goods'. I felt really difficult knowing that many of the group are now up to my level!
For my first piece I chose a poem from the book Dancing The Dream, by Jamie Sams.

The poem is called Dreaming Oneness and goes like this....
Take me gently into the dawn,
Where my dreams become the light
Uniting with the radiance of the sun
Shedding the indigo of my spirits flight,
Return me to the waking world
With vivid images imprinting my heart
Grasping the maps of newborn paths
Allowing my life to become living art

Jamie's Website can be found here http://www.jamiesams.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...