Thursday, April 09, 2009

Special OOAK Hand Made Journals

Look what's NEW at from the Purple Pixies Studio!

A blank journal has the potential to be many things….
It can be used to record your thoughts, poetry, sketches, ideas, memoirs, hopes, dreams, desires, wishes, travels or journeys to name but a few.
In fact, the only limit is your imagination!

For too long now I’ve had the idea of creating books that are a little more special than the run of the mill (and VERY repetitive) books that I make for the retail market. Retailers cut you down on price to the bare bones and so mass production with fast output becomes necessary. I hate repetitive working and it goes totally against my artistic ability and ethics, but unfortunately it’s a way of keeping the wolves from the door.
However, I have produced a new line of journals. This new line are called ‘Spirit Journals’ and I will ONLY sell to private customers. Because I am selling direct I will be able to spend more time on the design and the customer will pay less than they would for the mass produced books I make, so we both win!

Below: the Lucky Charm Amulet
hangs from the spine...
These journal are created as part of a series of OOAK. (One Of A Kind) books and are called ‘Spirit Journals’. Each one is created individually and is designed to be a piece of art in itself. Created by an artist for an artist.
My hope when creating these books was that it inspires and speaks to someone for whom I believe was the intended recipient. Either by the colours used or the quotation on the outside. The cover is designed to be a jumping off point for the recipient to continue inside, the ideas that it sparks.

I can make books to order and the books in the posts to follow can be used as a gallery or starting point.
Each book measures: 150mm x 210mm
Contains 200, high quality laid paper pages (although smooth enough to draw on!). They have ribbon ties and bookmark and has a small dangling amulet of beads and a lucky charm on the spine. A truly unique and special book for either yourself or as a gift for that special person.

I will blog these, one at a time and offer them for sale in my Etsy shop. If you are interested in ordering a special one, please email me at: inspiredbyscript@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...