Monday, April 06, 2009

An Artist in the Making

Well, change is certainly on the way. The Spring Goddess has done her magic and things are starting to develop really quickly. Only a week ago I was mesmerised by the leaves starting to grow on the trees as I walked back from the studio with Jodie. I had taken her to the studio to give her gran a rest from her constant chatter, a 13 year old with special needs and in an 8 year olds body. I found it funny and endearing, but poor gran who was grieving for her daughter needed a break. A couple of days before Jodie had shown me some felt tip coloured drawings of flowers on a vase. Drawn and coloured for her gran as everyone seemed to be buying her them. Although it was Jodies mum that had died, she is quite oblivious to the fact, which is probably a blessing.
I told her to draw what she wanted to paint on the canvas and ‘talked’ her step by step on how to paint it. I had no control over the colours, drawing or technique other than a verbal instruction – Paint the background, paint the flower heads, then the stems, now the vase, think of the pattern you want to put on it… etc. etc. etc.

Every stage was completed in super fast time and with controlled expertise. The whole thing was painted in acrylics and was finished in an hour and a half! After seeing my work in the gallery part, she even sprinkled glitter in the background. Hmmmm a glitter sister in the making me thinks! And she also signed it!

I think you’ll agree, we may have an item worthy of selling on ebay and for the record, her gran was really impressed by it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...