Sunday, April 26, 2009

Be Careful What you Wish For

Oh yes! Be VERY Careful What you Wish For!

One of the things I hate to hear is someone saying to another ‘Be Careful’. It contours up and says to the unconscious mind that they are not safe and something terrible is more likely than not going to happen to them. So when I say, Be Careful What You Wish for, I mean it as in be careful what you put out there, for what you wish for will come true, whether your wish is a prayer or a spell, and what you put out there comes back to you 3 fold, so when wishes come true make sure your really ready for whatever comes your way.

As Beltane fast approaches the earth waking up with great velocity. The God and the Goddess and joined in union, the male and the female of plant, animal and human are bouncing about with renewed energy and natures flow is in full swing.
The Pixies market garden (well it certainly looks like one!) is well on it’s way and my original ‘
Wish List’ created in January is well on it’s way to being completed, and that’s without even trying! I have planted for what feels like weeks and weeks and much to my amazement, things are starting to grow. I’ve planted, potatoes, carrots all colours and varieties, parsnips, courgettes, peppers, runner beans, French beans and broad beans, beetroot, spinach, aubergines (doing very nicely) and sweet corn (also doing very nicely). My salad stuff is starting to grow too, spring onions, radish, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and other salad leafs, hopefully the Pixie will eat cheap this year. I’ve been vegetarian for 25 years now so eating rabbit food holds no fear lol.
I’m enjoying coming home at night and watering the plants, there’s something really wonderful about getting back to nature and compost up your nails. It did play havoc with the French manicure I had last week though.
Ah well, every blessing has it’s down sides.


’m looking forward to my friend Ambermoggie and Mr. Mog’s, coming to stay for a couple of days next week, a great surprise for Beltane and it will be so good to catch up. I met them both around…. Hmmm must be 7 or 8 years ago now. We were close the minute we met and have stayed in touch ever since. I’m so looking forward to seeing them again, so it will be a short week at the studio, ahhhh the joys of working for yourself!

I also wished for an exhibition and it seems to have plopped right down on my lap. It will be scheduled for October, plenty of time for advertising, press releases and marketing, hopefully with a preview evening. We’ve (Me and
Spirit Whispers) have decided to call it ‘The Spirit of Nature' a subject close to both our hearts. We are holding a joint exhibition which lessons the burden and pressure of getting a stack load f work out. Although 5 months sounds a long time, it isn’t. We’ve already had 4 months of this year! And before we know it Summer Solstice will be here…. Yes folks it’s only 7 weeks away! So, it will be all hands on deck for the next few months. Funny how things work out, looks like the Pixie is going to be busy, busy, busy and so glad I only have myself to please and no one else to consider, cook for, clean for, wash for. Once your kids are all grown up, it’s the time when we women, finally find time for ourselves, and it looks like I better enjoy it while it lasts, for I had a dream that Grandkids will be on the way far sooner than I think! And I think my son Paul and Sarah will be a tad bit shocked as to how fast they come along too! Lol.

All photos are of Denis Brown’s Wishes Series

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...