Friday, April 24, 2009

Special OOAK Hand Made Books and Journals

Look what's NEW at from the Purple Pixies Studio!

A blank journal has the potential to be many things….It can be used to record your thoughts, poetry, sketches, ideas, memoirs, hopes, dreams, desires, wishes, travels or journeys to name but a few.In fact, the only limit is your imagination!
For too long now I’ve had the idea of creating books that are a little more special than the run of the mill (and VERY repetitive) books that I make for the retail market. Retailers cut you down on price to the bare bones and so mass production with fast output becomes necessary. I hate repetitive working and it goes totally against my artistic ability and ethics, but unfortunately it’s a way of keeping the wolves from the door.However, I have produced a new line of journals. This new line are called ‘Spirit Journals’ and I will ONLY sell to private customers. Because I am selling direct I will be able to spend more time on the design and the customer will pay less than they would for the mass produced books I make, so we both win!
Below: the Lucky Charm Amulet
hangs from the spine...
These journal are created as part of a series of OOAK. (One Of A Kind) books and are called ‘Spirit Journals’. Each one is created individually and is designed to be a piece of art in itself. Created by an artist for an artist.My hope when creating these books was that it inspires and speaks to someone for whom I believe was the intended recipient. Either by the colours used or the quotation on the outside. The cover is designed to be a jumping off point for the recipient to continue inside, the ideas that it sparks.

I can make books to order and the books in the posts to follow can be used as a gallery or starting point.Each book measures: 150mm x 210mmContains 200, high quality laid paper pages (although smooth enough to draw on!). They have ribbon ties and bookmark and has a small dangling amulet of beads and a lucky charm on the spine. A truly unique and special book for either yourself or as a gift for that special person.
I will blog these, one at a time and offer them for sale in my Etsy shop. If you are interested in ordering a special one, please email me at:
inspiredbyscript@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...