Saturday, October 29, 2011

Go A Little *WILD* Sometimes!

It doesn't matter who we are, how much money we have or where we live....there are times when life can get a little stressful and fraught and it's hard to see life in a positive way.
I'm fortunate that I belong to quite a large bunch of friends that are not afraid to 'Go A Little Wild Sometimes'. Playful antics can turn into grown up nuttiness all with very little encouragement! I call these friends my 'Child Spirits'. We have sledged down hills, made life sized potato guns, rolled down the same hills and generally connected with out child within....much to the disgust and embarrassment of our off spring!



I wonder when we decide that we are too old to 'act' like that? While children we are often told to 'Grow up' and 'Act our age'....like hell I say!


Welcome to the world of adulthood.....over my dead body!



Having Grandchildren is certainly a bonus. It gives you a chance to show them what fun life can be. I love having Daisy around and I'm sure she thinks Grandma is quite mad....but oh how she loves to do daft dancing with Grandma and I can wait to take her camping with us...into Grandma's magic tepee of course.


Just the other day I showed her how high Grandma could go on the swings and I could tell she was impressed. My younger brother has video evidence to prove this....apparently. (I thought he was taking photos!). AND I even got my sister-in-law to join in too. I can't quite remember the ground been quite that far away as a child though :o)


The other mothers watched in amazement at my athletic feat!....or was that disgust? I'm not very good at being paranoid.




Thankfully, this Pixie has no shame, no embarrassment and no boundaries when it comes to the child spirit that wants to come out to play....especially when times are rough. I'm sure it's my built in coping mechanism.




Anyway, put on that loud and funky music (Daisy recommends Lady Ga Ga), lock the doors, close the curtains and GO A LITTLE WILD SOMETIMES.....you may be very glad you did!




With love and creative blessings,


Sue xxx


PS: Can I just add, that no child were ever hurt during the hill rolling incidents (no names mentioned!).....however there was a slight mishap with a bed of nettles once....Health and Safety would be mortified! :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...