Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I'm over it....well almost!

Well....I think I've just about recovered! I haven't been ill but I have been celebrating my big 5-HO Birthday and Steve was determined to make it one to remember. It ran over 4 full weekend.....yes you heard right 4 weekends.

The first weekend saw us swanning off to the South West and celebrating with Steves family, 2 of who also have birthdays in September (it's an expensive time for him lol).

The second weekend we celebrated with my family and we all went to Forbidden Corner, I love this place and it's suitable for both kids and adults alike.

Because the kids were there too, we decided to have parents and their kids photos.

First off my sister, with my brother-in-law and their daughter.

Then my baby brother (although not so much a baby these days), my sister-in-law and their daughter....


And then my son, daughter-in-law and my beautiful granddaughter Daisy. (Affectionately called Daisy Doodles by Grandma, because of her enthusiastic dancing and twirling).


Suddenly feeling left out, I remembered that my child was there too....and he promptly leaped on our knees for a cuddle......At 30 he's grow a little bit too much for this kind of thing and I think I should have been sitting on HIS knee!


The third weekend was spent with long standing friends in Scotland...


And had the chance to take some amazing photos....shame about the blade of grass.....


And this is only the second time I have seen these most beautiful Fly Agaric....ans there were loads!


And I also took lots of tree pictures....

And for the last weekend we went off to meet friends at a local, but private camp. We were exhausted and I was very definitely feeling my age, much to the amusement of Steve, who takes everything in his stride. So, a GREAT BIG thank you, to Steves and my family, great friends who are there when you need them and most of all my wonderful man, for making my BIG birthday so memorable and special.



For the last couple of weeks we've been catching up on unpacking his stuff, having a big clear out of long accumulated and no longer needed 'stuff'. It's hard trying to combine 2 houses into 1, especially when we had the combination of 5 bedrooms between us....but all duplicated items have been found new homes or skipped, with only a handful of boxes to go through. AND, we almost have a spare bedroom for guests....but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day!



I've been busy preparing for a one day workshop that I'm teaching on Saturday....I forgot just how many hours prep goes into 6 hours teaching. Hopefully, they will enjoy what I have for them and at least appreciate the thought and time that has gone into it.....we will see.

4 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday! You're just a baby! (-; Sounds like you had a great time and I love the pictures.

Kath said...

Many happy returns! Lovely to see your happy family photos. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. Birthdays should definately last for 3 days at least :-D

Sue Simpson said...

THANK YOU CJ and Kath xxx

Steve Smith said...

It was my pleasure. To see you smile and happy is all I ever want. I had a great time too. But you forgot one event. Your special birthday meal! I love you Sue, and I will always treat you right. :o) xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...