Friday, October 14, 2011

We're off to a Wedding.....

We're off to a Wedding..... and it's a chance to be girly! :o)
Although Ian is my late husbands cousin, he was only 6 when I got married and around 7 and 1/2 when I had my son, so he's more like a nephew than a cousin.

I've done the Invites, Table Names, Seating Plan and Place Cards as their present....and as an extra surprise I've made them a Wedding Post Box.


Their theme was Ivy....

And the colour was green....



The lettering was foiled in silver to give it some pizazz...



And here's a close up of the cut-out Ivy....



It's a great chance to meet up



with the 'other side' of the family....


some of which I haven't seen


since my own wedding 32 years ago.


Doesn't time fly?


Now.....if I can only stop fighting


with my fascinator,we'll be on our way!

UPDATE: Realised it wasn't a good idea posting this as we were about to leave the house unattended all day.....well you never know who's reading this blog. So, I'm posting it AFTER the event.....and a good time was had by all. Great to see the family, although sad that their numbers have now dwindled drastically since my own wedding 32 years ago, but wonderful to see, that although we may have matured in age....the years simply fell away as we reminisced about times gone by.


Although many are no longer with us, they were definitely alive and well today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...