Monday, November 07, 2011

This Time Of Year

Steve and I probably had as good a time as all the kids that came to the door at Halloween.... and he proved he's not opposed to dressing up either. Mind you, I should have known that through his rock band days...

The Witch as usual loved dressing as he alter-ego and Morag (top left) joined in the celebrations, as she does every year....in fact she's a permanent fixture in the Pixies home. And I'm sure you'll agree, Steve made a great Gandalf and didn't even need a mask...


The change comes thick and fast this time of year. I love the colours of Autumn, which make great inspiration for art. The last of the hot colours will soon fade to a murky brown and grey. Winter is definitely not my favourite season....in fact I just about manage to 'Get through it' having suffered from S.A.D. for years. At best I tolerate it and try to focus on Spring.


And then there's bonfire night. Last year Daisy was only 9 months old and a little bit oblivious to what was going on. We were wondering how she would cope. But after the initial first bang.....she loved it!


However, the attention span for watching the fireworks was short lived as she had heard the music blasting out from the live radio show. Her and her little friend Erin were then more interested in disco danging.....oh blimey....hard to believe that in only 16 or so years away, we'll be watching her like a hawk and telling her that she's not going out clubbing 'dressed like that!'. Then it will be her dads time to worry.....as I did with him :o)


The years pass so quickly!


It's THAT time of year again....where we reflect on the year past and make plans for the year ahead. All the harvest crops of seeds we sowed have been gathered and it's time to look ahead and make new plans and sow new seeds....this year will be over far too soon.


I've planted over 100 bulbs already, in anticipation of the Spring. It's important for me to get through the S.A.D. and have something to look forward to.

Just 2 weeks before Daisy's second birthday, we expect a new addition to the family.....this time a boy. A baby brother for Daisy and another Grandchild for us......well that's definitely worth looking forward to :o)


Have you made new plans for the coming year?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, the low light levels are a bit gloomy but I recommend curling up with "Moominland Midwinter" by Tove Jansson and a mug of something warm.Im actually quite fond of being snowed-in on Witchmountain, so long as I have plenty of supplies.
ps. you'll be in the market for some bespoke baby slippers then...hint hint x
www. witchmountain.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Sue, the low light levels are a bit gloomy but I recommend curling up with "Moominland Midwinter" by Tove Jansson and a mug of something warm.Im actually quite fond of being snowed-in on Witchmountain, so long as I have plenty of supplies.
ps. you'll be in the market for some bespoke baby slippers then...hint hint x
www. witchmountain.co.uk

Kath said...

What a fun couple you are :-D

Loving those red walls Sue!

Congratulations on your forth coming grandchild, Daisy is just gorgeous.

Comfrey Cottages said...

What fun! You two look great in your costumes! Daisy is soooo adorable!Congratulations on the news of the new baby on the way:) xxoxx

letterlady said...

I'm thinking your Gandolf will be a fine antidote to SAD for you this year...Daisy as well! You seem so happy these days and I'm pickled tink about your 'new life'.
Daisy is Delicious! A baby brother is going to add even more deliciousness!
Rerragli = my verification word. That's a good one.

Sue Simpson said...

Kim - The honest blogger award goes to you....and anyone else who dares to be honest http://the-creative-spirit.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-blogger-award-because-shift_01.html And today a tribute post to you also :o) xxx

Sue Simpson said...

Kath, Leslie and Jan....BIG THANK YOu for sharing your thoughts. Kath...I love the red room too. was a little bit scared it would be doom and gloom all gothic like in Winter....but it's not....it's all cozy warm. Appart from that it's a VERy transparent colour and took about 10 coats (ok I exagerate!). lol.

And you're right....Steve does make me happy. Surprising he's stayed with me (a la menopause) but hey...I was going through it when I met him so fortunately he knows no different lol.
Once again, thanks for your comments....they really perked me up today xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...