Friday, October 07, 2011

Believe in Yourself

And here's another little colour, affirmation doodle, to serve as a gentle reminder to:



Believe in Yourself

This is probably one of the hardest things to learn. I remember from way back, reading a book on Self Awareness, when I was told that it's far easier to remember the bad things people say about us than the good.

No wonder then, as adults the difficulty and struggle we have with this one. At times you may feel it's rather arrogant to 'Believe In Yourself'......But wait a moment....if you have no belief in yourself it's very unlikely anyone else will believe in you too.

Damaged self esteem can take years to repair. Starting is that hardest thing.....but once you do, you will find that it makes such a difference, you will never want to go back.

Start by making a list of all the things you are good at. However small you think that achievement is. Add to it daily....very soon you will build a list bigger than you ever thought possible.

Read this list on a daily basis. Repeat the list starting with the words:

I am good at.......
I am great at......
I am successful at......
I am brilliant at......

It will be hard at first....but once over the initial self doubt you will find that these daily affirmations will become more and more powerful and heal those long and deep ingrained beliefs.

REMEMBER TO: Stop judging yourself and being so harsh on your soul....treat it as a little child who lives within.
You would not speak to others the way you speak to that child within now would you? So make it your mission to STOP right now and pull yourself up when you catch yourself doing it.

You will exchange the negative destructive beliefs for positive creative beliefs and YOU WILL notice a difference.


Repeat after me (and shout this out loud)



I BELIEVE IN MYSELF!


Give this a try and let me know how you get on :o)

1 comment:

Tiffany Godinez said...

Although I can't shout out loud right now, I can do it in my head and see how it can have a positive impact. If only I could truly learn to believe in myself. I know that believing in oneself is life changing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...