Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snow Joke, this week has been ful of rainbows!

It's been another busy week at the studio. I had an early appointment on Thursday afternoon so had decided to work from home, preparing some roughs for Friday. although the studio is only 10 minutes walk from home, it would save me walking all the way there and all the way back and cutting out valuable time on work that can easily be done at home. I was working at the computer, the day was overcast but nothing special., I hadn't noticed what was happening outside........

This is my Twisted Hazel Blessing Tree,
and I think you can make out how deep it was. lol.
A Pixie could get lost in it!
And this happened within a couple of hours! We had only just seen the last of the snow from the week before. This time I went out to photograph it. WONDERFUL! I love it! I must be the only people in this town who doesn't complain about it... I think its gorgeous. Sadly it's all but gone now. But it was VERY seasonal, Bride puts her mark on the Earth once again.

This is the cover of the Valentines concertina that I showed you last week. I always find it quite difficult doing cards for men especially when it comes to ribbons....wonder why I see them as feminine? Probably because men don't ordinarily go around with ribbons in their hair or on their clothes....well not you 'Alpha' male anyway.

The next concertina is for a little girls 2nd birthday, Emily Adjoa. Because this little girl is young and very definitely NOT into pink, I decided to do it in rainbows. Here is the concertina before binding....

A close up of the letters of her name....representing a very 'Child Like' quality. The letters are constructed in a fine line pen and then coloured with these amazing Inktense Pencil crayons which dissolve with water, but unlike the Watercolour Pencils they retain their intensity

Here's the book, complete with covers and rainbow wool closure ties.

I thought that to do the cover in rainbow paper would be overkill, so I confined it to the closure



And her name on the front completes the book
And another concertina again with rainbows. The quotation reads, Friendship is a rainbow between two people.


I went for a very simple and pale watercolour wash for the Rainbow so as not to detract from the sentiments

This time I did use a rainbow cover. This paper was Paste Papered almost 10 years ago!!!! Can you believe it? I never found a use for it until now. See if you keep something long enough......

I am also in the process of designing a Logo which I have semi worked on. Needs some fine tune tweaking. And also 3 framed gifts, commissions which I can't really show you because I'm sure the recipient reads my blog! Could spoil a big surprise.
I've also 4 canvases to do, and 4 very large pieces of work if it comes off, as well as 3 different projects in the pipeline that I really want to develop....so it's all busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...