Monday, February 09, 2009

More Calligraphic Concertinas

Blimey, what a mad and crazy few weeks this is turning out to be! Lol. Work has gone crazy and there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. I remember my mum saying to me….By heck, once ya get the my age, time flies….Of course I never believed her, but now I’m beginning to get the idea.

Somehow the week only just starts and we’re already at the weekend, then quick as a flash it’s Monday again.

Work and despite the so called depression and credit crunch (although I still don’t believe there is one and think it’s all part of the governments ‘fear’ plan) has come in think and fast.


I’m adding some pictures to my blog before people think it’s a figment of my imagination. Quite bizarre though, that the minute I focus on new ideas and an exhibition, commissions come and prevent me going anywhere with them…. For the time being. Anyway, the exhibition was to raise my profile (it’s some years since my last one!) and to generate some cash flow, but now with plenty of commissions it will have to take a back burner at least for a while.

The first is a Valentine Card
from a wife to her husband.
Hence the rather, earthy browns....
The next set of pictures is for my personal astrologer and long time buddy, aka - Simon Greene.
It was his birthday last week and I thought that the Les Brown Quotation,
Shoot for the moon,
even if you miss,
you'll land among the stars,
Very apt, firstly because of the moon and star connection
but also as a way of affirming that I believe in him, I'm right behind him and I know he has the capability to do the thing he wants to do and should GO FOR IT! He's one of my closest friends and a great, gentle spirited guy, and he deserves to have his dreams come true. He's also an Aquarian, which is my rising sign, so I always have someone that at least understands the spiritual guff that I sometimes come out with. lol.
The cover was made from that beautiful Tanabata, which is sprinkled with gold and silver squares and the stars and silver continue through the inside of the book.....and YES, I know my pencil guides are still on there....I did rub them out before I sent it.....errrmmm... I think???? lol
This is the concertina fully open.... very effective, very stunning....

I had a really exhausting but fantastic weekend, The photos are downloaded and ready for the Blog, but this Purple Pixie is shattered and really needs her feather quilt and sleep, so I'm off for an early (yeah right 23.40 early!).... well earlier night, and all being well I'll blog about the weekend tomorrow night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...