Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rainbows, weddings and Sunsets

Phew what a day….Thanks for everyone who has let me know that I have a Trojan on my website and this is blocking people from going on it to buy. I have known this since December, but try as I might I can't seem to get people to commit themselves to sorting it out for me. I am trying to get someone onto it but I have the distinct feeling that the only way forward for me is to bite the bullet and wipe the whole site and start from scratch. Ho hum... I haven't the foggiest idea about Websites, downloading and uploading files etc..... but I am good at clicking the delete button when I have to. Sadly at the moment, if the site is inaccessible I can't sell from it, so there doesn't seem to be much point in it being there.

As far as possible I try to have all my orders emailed to me. The advantage of this is that you can be certain of spelling of certain things (especially when it comes to names) and also typed and printed copies are so much easier to read than hand written messages, no matter how legible people think their handwriting is. On this occasion the client gave me a written copy and I read it out in front of them and everything was fine, I could read it no bother.
After I had finished the piece I asked if they wanted a greeting on the bottom. I won’t say the name but the spelling was should I say ‘unusual’. The greeting was read to me over the phone and I didn’t feel any need to check it. Consequently I spelled it wrong, lol, so the piece had to be redone. So I’ve managed this time to photograph a better picture, so I thought I’d share it with you.


Next up is a follow up from yesterday’s post, where I did the Baby Boy piece. Before I left the studio yesterday I completed a matching Baby Girl piece, but with different words. Not wanting to stop while I was ahead and doing my usual trick of ‘Think of an Idea and Do It To Death’ routine, I today did one for a Marriage/Wedding. I have entered my sons wedding date in for photographic purposes. The baby girl poster will have to wait to be photographed as everyone in the world seems to be having boys at the moment. (Personally I blame additives in food for these phenomena! - AND YES I am only kidding!). Anyway, here is the photograph of the finished piece. The wonderful thing about printing these yourself is they cam be done in any colour scheme and can be changed as easily as a quick click of a button.
The second photo shows the detail…..
It has been a wonderful day, sunny for the most part and so warm that I had the studio door open all day and even managed to sit on my step at lunchtime, something I haven’t done for what seems like forever.
It was lovely to walk home in the daylight, and what’s very noticeable now is that Spring is on its way. I managed an hours garden clean up, pulled down my Virginia Creeper strands, cleaned up the leaves that I ALWAYS leave all winter for mulch and hedgehogs (gardens are too tidy for these poor things these days!) and pulled up some old dead plants, all ready for new growth. I really didn’t think I had done that much but still managed a wheelie bin full to the top of old garden debris. Thank the Goddess the grass doesn’t need cutting yet! Then won't the work begin! Lol.
I sat outside until the sunset. The birds were happy and even the sound of them just makes you feel lucky to have a special place. They certainly are telling us right now, that spring is fast approaching. The two photos of the sky are for a really good friend, who has started painting in watercolour, and is most fascinated with painting the sky. Hopefully they’ll give him inspiration. He's got plans to move back over here in the not do distant future and I fully intend to get him down to the studio and get his hands dirty! Plenty of paint, plenty of canvases, and plenty of catching up to do! He’s been away too long!

Oh....now.... I counting the weeks to Glastonbury! and getting more and more excited by the day and I know my travelling companion is getting just as excited.... who knows.... we may never come back! lol

See, no matter how much I love my little studio, my home and my garden, my heart and mind most of the time is in my spiritual home and miles and miles away from the place where I have at least for the moment, got to live.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...