Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hand Bound Bollywood 40th Birthday Book

I thought I’d better blog about some of the work I’ve done over the past few weeks, before everyone thinks it’s a figment of my imagination.

Firstly, I was asked to make a 40th Birthday Book from a loving husband for his wife’s ‘Themed’ Party. He wanted it in a hurry and had quiet liked the SPECIAL MEMORIES one on my website.

As luck would have it, I had only just found a full sheet of this paper. The black Paper (called Tanabata) has silk threads running through it and has a mixture of Gold and Silver squares on it. It’s really hard to come by now, so I must admit I was relieved.

The brief was to make a book in Blacks and reds, on the theme of Bollywood.
Boolywood is very sparkly, bright colours and festive….seems like it was just down my street! Lol. But the client has never really seen my work and not having a face to face conversation can be difficult. I would love to have gone overboard on it, but really had to keep it ‘low key’ I’m sure many calligraphers and Creative bookbinders reading my blog will understand what I mean.

Anyway, here are the pictures…..
I just HAD to add these square, jewels to the front......

And continued the squares (in silver) in the inside....
Squares are a recurrent trade mark that seems to run throughout my work. Perhaps I see them as little stars? I don't know, but they get everywhere!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...