Friday, January 30, 2009

Arkansas Emergency

There is a severe weather warning for all of the UK this weekend. Well we are still in the middle of the winter and Spring phase you I suppose you can't expect anything else. I have seen photos from all my blogging friends over the last few weeks of their surprise of huge amounds of snowfall, especially in areas of the world where it's just not normal. I must admit I wasn't duly concerned, I just thought..... Oh how wonderful and magical for them. When Ceri started storing up foods, I perhaps thought that they were all getting just a bit too cautious. That was I DID think that until a message came onto a board that I am a member of.

I have known Teri Martin for what must be near enough 15 or more years now and I subscribe to her Quote of the Day, which gives me a large amount of inspiration. I haven't had a Quote for a couple of days and just thought it was a glitch in the sending system.... that was until I received this email!

I have helpers monitoring the list, but when I will get back to you "in person" is still up in the air! I just managed to send this from out of state before returning home.You've probably heard that Arkansas is in bad shape::: NO Internet connection at all. People are freezing in their homes and evacuations are taking place to get them to somewhere with a generator. Electricity is out. Cable is out throughout a widespread area, don't know when it will it be up, so I will be offline when I get home at 10:30 tonight. We have a generator, so at least have have heat and refrigerator. BUT all stores are closed ==

NO food. Jim just told me we've been declared a national disaster.
Please pass this info to this list. Hopefully i will make it home safely.My purse was stolen night before last so it's been a rough 24 hours. I had over $400 in there, not counting my credit cards.. now all cancelled. OY. you can reach me through this earthlink address until 10:30 am pacific time.
hugs, teri


What a worry! And how easy we get complacent and take things for granted. Perhaps all the food hoarding is not suxh a bad idea after all.

Prepare for the worst, expect the best is what we all need to keep in mind I think.
My network of friends are lighting candles Teri, just want you to know we're thinking of you all.

UPDATE: And I've just found this link regarding 9 deaths due to the freezing temperatures http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=79374&catid=2

And more news here http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hxyhhC1qV6qWnOdkwks6C1HpYtPAD961JD5O0

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...