Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year, New Start and Woes

Well, I seem to be just about back in the stride of things at the studio. I was really ill during Christmas and New Year with this wretched flu that seems to have hit almost everyone in the UK. I never really get ill, but everyone was forbidden to come and see me as I didn’t want to pass it on! Ironic really, I live alone and work alone and managed to avoid it, 2 days Christmas shopping and I went down like a ton of bricks, that’s what happens when people who are ill decide to fight on. However, there are always plus points to life’s downers, and it gave me plenty of time to rest, put my feet up and think about the year ahead.
I have made plans both for myself and my business and we will see what happens on that front. Work seems to be picking up nicely and hopefully this year will be a good one.
T and I finally ended the relationship at the beginning of December. After trying for a year and a half after his initial walk out I realised that there was not enough room in his life for me and I really need someone who at least is a big part of my life, not someone who steps in and out at will. In hindsight we are very different people and it’s not fair on either of us to try to fit in with someone who is quite different. Isn't it strange that you can think someone is so perfect for you and then things can turn out quite the opposite. Perhaps we go into a relationship seeing what we want to see and then as time goes on see things as they really are. Ah well, all part of life's learning curve, and we learn more from our failures than we can ever learn from our successes. It's all part of the 'Mystery'.


I had planned to go into the studio between Christmas and New Year to make my sons Wedding Invitations, but could hardly find the energy to get off the settee so I started them this week…..here are the photos……





Envelopes and Invites

Outside detail

Inside detail


Invite and RSVP Card

The only real downer this year is that my Website, which T spent so much time and energy building is due to run out and as I haven’t got the passwords and haven’t the first idea on how to go about renewals etc. it looks like I will disappear. Unfortunately T decided that there was no point in staying friends, so can’t even ring him to ask for help. that's what happen when you don't do something yourself. Hopefully a meeting with my business advisor will come up with some bright ideas, even if I have to pay for it.
Such is life, lol.


But if anyone has any wise suggestions as to self build sites that are user friendly, I would very much appreciate it.
If off to my sons tonight for a takeaway....it's his 28th Birthday! And I', so looking forward to it. Can it really be 28 years since I was lying there wondering what the hell I was supposed to do with that little vulnerable bundle in my arms? My how quickly time flies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...