Thursday, January 22, 2009

Amazing People Part 2 - Dave Hindmarsh

Every now and then, but not very often, someone comes into your life who makes a long lasting impression. This happened to me way back in 2000, not long after I had set up the studio in Darlington. His name was Dave Hindmarsh, a qualified chef, but also a fantastic poet with true feeling. He was gentle, caring, kind and with a wonderful sense of humour and positive outlook on life.

I was only reminiscing with a friend a few weeks ago about him, wondering where he was and how he was doing. I didn’t have to wait long….the following week she brought in this newspaper cutting:


Well, so now he was teaching people with learning difficulties at Middlesbrough College! Well, that surprises me not. With his type of personality and generous nature.

I also read that he has faced the challenge of a lifetime and has been involved with the Ben Fogel (who I did work for last year!) an explorer. The programme, Extreme Dreams, is on BBC2 every evening this week at 6.30pm. Dave suffered Trench Foot and was advised to give up….but he didn’t….well that’s no surprise either. He doesn’t do ‘Giving Up’. H’es far too optimistic and positive for that! I’m back in contact with him, looking forward to catching up and have asked his permission to publish a poem that he wrote, which I concerted to book form. So watch this space.

UK visitor to my blog:
Extreme Dreams - BBC 2 Monday to Friday 6.30pm
(Dave's the younger, good looking one - lol)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...