Monday, January 19, 2009

My 2009 Wish List

I didn't publish this at the beginning of the year.... but want to share it with you. for all those sceptic that don't believe in what you get is equal to what you put out there....take a look at this. The list consists of some (would prefer to keep a couple private - you never know who's reading this blog - lol) but the ones highlighted in red are the ones that have happened already and the ones in green are semi sorted so far! Ahhhh the joys of positive thinking.

1) Grow my own veg - YEAH! I heard last weekend that me and 4 friends with the same idea have been given a plot FOUR the size of the ground floor area of my house! And all for FREE! We have a couple of strong, fit, guys who are part of this group and who are willing and keen to do the heaviest work, then we're ready to go! We plan to grow organicallyy and as naturally as possible, Should keep me busy!

2) Find and Join 3 local, social networking groups to meet people with the same outlook and interests in life - Well, I;ve joined 2 which fell at my feet, didn't need to look for them. First meeting next month and a lovely guy has given me his mobile in case I get lost - lol

3) Travel Alone more often - One of the greatest difficulties when you loose your sight is the need to have to rely on people. Your self esteem and self confidence takes a sever bashing. Only by facing our fears can we conquer them. Many people do not drive, so I am not alone there, but I really would like to be at least confident enough to go places alone if necessary. Although I still believe that things are better done in two's or as a group. Hopefully my meeting with one of the groups listed in no. 2 above will see me beating this fear.

4) Visit Glastonbury, my spiritual home at least twice this year.
Well already got a visit planned in the near future with a friend who has never been there and is keen to take me there. I'm sure we'll both get a lot out of the experience :o)

5) Reconnect with old friends - How easy we loose touch when in a relationship and focus on that as the most important thing. Ironic, but these people have contacted me, totally out of the blue - It's good to hear from them again, proving that while our lives take very separate paths sometimes, true friends are there for life. We have basically reconnected where we left off. Great news!

6) To decorate the house and shift the crap -I need to have a grand clear out of things from my past lives. At the end of any relationship there are reminders that need to go to make way for the new. I don't want someone elses clutter, clogging up my home and my spirit! Photos, gifts and reminders have to go. I'm on my way with this one. Bad chi in my book!

And I have had offers of help on this one. I used to love decorating, but poor vision makes it impossible to paint without catching the ceiling and skirting boards. I've got help whenever I need it so I figure if I paint the walls myself, then someone will come and do the glossing.

7) Hold an exhibition -

8) Gain 3 new outlets for my work - Well I've got 1

9) Live a more Eco-Friendly and natural way of life, therefor being true to my Pagan Path - This will probably now fit in with my Organic Gardening bit and other projects in the pipeline.
Surely this is what being a Pagan really is? Well, I think so.

10) Make 3 new friends - Well I've made 2 new friends already. we'll have to see how many more come along. I'm a sociable person so people are important to me. My belief is there's no such thing as too many friends but to have a friend you have to be one!

The other wishes are private, and just between me and my closest friends. If I can achieve half the things I set out for this year I will consider it a job well done. Seems like I'm well on the way!

At the moment I feel like I've got a spring in my step, more energy than ever before and more time and freedom to do the things I truly want to do. My focus is on my business and my life....and I'm loving every minute of it. I feel a buzz in the air and it's not even Spring yet! Bring it on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...