Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What is this life if full of care, I have no time to stand and stare - Words of Wisdom

Much of what we see,
depends on what we are looking for
This X is the sign of Gyfu
the meaning of which can be found at
Is it any wonder it is used as a sign of the kiss?
This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago at the start of the New Year and there was not just one but several of these cross signs in the sky!

It never ceases to amaze me about the enormous amount of synchronicity that happens in my life. How easily one thing can lead to another, one chance meeting or event can lead you in a certain direction, which could not have been planned if you tried. I believe that all events and meeting with people happen for a reason. Perhaps it’s to learn something from that experience or person, sometimes it’s to lead you down a different path than the one you are taking. Events no matter how tragic and hopeless at the time can end up being the start of something very big and important in your life.
Do you ever pan right back in your past and think about what has led you to where you are today? How different your life would have been without that synchronicity?


Often I sit and muse about my past and realise that an amazing chain of events led me to where I am today, despite life’s trials and tribulations. We just have to be open to the signs and go with the flow, fighting against something may be the worst decision of your life. This may be your moment for a miracle!

24 years ago now I was diagnosed with Cancer of the cervix. For 3 years the hospital did nothing, telling me it was only slight changes and nothing to worry about. 3 years later they had to admit they made a mistake and I was at the stage of CIN3. They wanted to give me a hysterectomy, I refused, I had a young son and although I didn’t want any more children I wasn’t going under the knife without a fight and ONLY as a last resort. The hospital told me it was a stupid decision and I should reconsider. I compromised and told them that I would do it my way for a year, then I would hand over to them. I went to the library and became obsessed with alternative medicines and therapies. I read a book by the title of ‘Does your diet cure cancer’. I turned vegetarian, fed myself a cocktail of vitamins and minerals, took Bach Flower Remedies (which I still swear by today) and hit the self help section in the book store. I was treating not only my body but my mind. It was then that I became interested in my thought process and thinking patterns that had shaped my life up until that point. I learnt about myself, my actions and reactions to things around me. I had to look at how I verbalised my feelings to others, and how I reacted to what they said to me. From there I looked into Buddhism, philosophy and psychology.

I then decided that if I was going to die I may as well do what I wanted to and take more risks in life, and although I am a pragmatist at heart, I still to this day take risks (probably a little more subtle these days), but anyway, I took out a bank loan and started my own business, never thinking I would be around long enough to pay the darn thing off!!!!
(For the record, a year later and with the minimal treatment I was given the all clear and the hospital had to eat their words!)
I took up Quilling and was one of one 3 suppliers of the cut paper in the country. I needed a job that would fit around my sons schooling and started to teach at the local college. It was only when I was asked to teach ‘Quilling’ at my local college the following September and everyone turned up with a pen! Did I take up calligraphy? I basically taught myself out of books all week, top teach the 2 hours a week on an evening. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing, but the students were patent and were adamant that they didn’t want to play with rolled up strip[s of paper called Quilling, they wanted to write! I didn’t know then that it would take me many hours and the next 10 years of my life to actually be anywhere near good at it, and probably if I knew that I wouldn’t have even started.
And can I just add here (for those who are still awake! Lol) if you’re one of those who don’t believe in synchronicity, then how do you explain it when you suddenly get someone in your head and then the phone rings and it’s that person? Possibly someone you haven’t thought about or seen for some years? Or a though comes to you, quite out of the blue and just won’t leave….then something happens that gives you the AHA factor. Quite different to coincidence. When and where and how to so see those signs and symbols?
Strangely enough it took another major health scare to drive me into action again, this time it was to be the loss of my centre vision in one of my eyes which was to propel me into starting my own business again. I decided that time was short and I had nothing to loose but everything to regret if I didn’t use the sight I had and create as much as I could while my other eye was ok. I worked with one ‘good’ eye, 3 days before I opened my new studio I had bleeds on the back of my good eye which made me loose the centre vision in that eye too, although not to the extent of the other. I (somehow – and sometimes with greater difficulty than I care to admit) manage to work with high powered magnification, really frustrating at times when you need to get close to your work and can’t because your fat head is in the way! And there are lots of things I can no longer do. I used to love Gilding and painting, I’m not an artist but could trace and paint if I put my mind to it. Now I can’t paint between 2 lines to save my life! But hey… never say never. Now crazy that this might sound (and its ok to be a crazy thinking when you are an artist – it’s what makes us creative!) but had I never had the cancer I would not be doing what I am doing today and probably on the job scrap heap for the rest of my life (my eyes are really not much use in the conventional world). Yikes! Can you imagine I would actually have to be really good at housework or something like that! The many Philosophers, who’s books I read and words of wisdom gave me hope during my darkest times have put me on my spiritual path and are the life blood of my business, as well as making me the person I am today. How crazy is life?
This year so far has been very odd for me and what I believe in. I have had no less that 6 people come back into my life from waaaayyy back. Then I’ve found work in the studio that I had totally forgotten about….again from waaaayyy back. And there are amazing amounts of stuff going on, like it’s all part of the past and has to be brought to the future. Don’t understand this right now, but I will, things just take time to germinate. Everything becomes clear eventually. If you’re following a road and it happens to be the wrong one, something will happen to make you stop and think. Try to over analyse it and you’re on a looser. Just go with it. Ignore it and sure as eggs is eggs something will happen so big you can’t avoid noticing it.

I have said that I don’t make New Year Resolutions. These are something you need to give up. I make wishes to myself. I write them down and practically forget about them. I’m usually amazed by the end of the year how near I am to achieving what I set out for the year, and this is without setting check list and going back over them. If you have read The Secret or The Laws of Attraction, it’s that kind of thing without bombarding yourself with the whys and wherefores. Some of us have been doing this for years…. We just never thought of writing a $1,000,000 best seller!!!!
Anyway, the point of this blog posting is never to give up your dreams. Take more risks, your time on earth is short. Create Art – EVERYONE is creative! Don’t sweat the small stuff. Change what you can and leave the rest alone, it will take care of itself. Be strong, knowing that you are the best person you can be. Above all, just do it now, it’s no good sitting in your rocking chair ‘wishing’ you had done things differently.


I am told that the best bloggers keep on topic and to decide what my blog is about. Is it about my work, my spiritually, my beliefs, animals, nature, philosophy???? Well I hope the above has explained that it's really hard to define where one part of my life starts and the other ends. The above makes up the whole of me. So I guess that this blog is just about that....me, myself and I. A human being with human feelings. It's my opinion that people will only read what they want to read, the decision to turn off and tune out is entirely their decision and nothing is against their free will.
In love and light and brightest blessings,
Sue xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...