Sunday, November 15, 2009

Special Friends - Healing Thoughts

It's hard to believe that a week has gone by when my wonderful friends Amber Moggie and Mr Mog came to visit. They planned to stay overnight but as other commitments took place they only managed a few hours on the afternoon and not nearly long enough for us to fit in all the things we needed to talk about...I do ring her on a regular basis, but it's always nice to catch up face to face. And as usual she came baring gifts....This wonderful nature inspired green shawl and Moebius Scarf in the more wonderful of Autumn colours.
A Moebius is a construction with only one side and only one boundary. The most intriguing structure and fascinating to all who look at it. It reminds me of the chant:

We are a circle, within a circle, with no beginning and never ending.


The gorgeous green bead laden shawl adds to my collection of 4 now (I love them!) and is long enough and think enough to use for when I am sat in my garden during the cooler weather.
Her knitting is made even more amazing when you actually know Amber (not her real name) and realises that for the most part she is in tremendous pain, when sitting or standing, from head to toe, but never do I hear her complain. In fact the opposite. She's a smiler and bringer of joy and inspiration to all who cross her way.
And I've added this picture...I arranged the items on the table and went to get the camera. Just before I took the shot, Blue rushed onto the shawl as she wanted to get herself in the picture and tell Amber that the Moggies in this house love her too.
I think her smiley eyes are saying it all....


Never one to complain about her own aches and pains, she makes these wonderful Elementals, usually to bring love and joy to others.

She is one of the most caring and generous people I have ever met. At the moment the pain is almost too much to bare for her, please I ask everyone who reads my blog to sent some healing light and thoughts to her, in the hope that her pain relief gets sorted out soon... for she is the last person who deserves to be in pain.

And talking of pain...pain comes in many ways....I am at the moment trying to comfort the husband of a dear friend of mine who died 8 weeks ago. He is not dealing with it very well at all. He is exhausted from the constant trips back and forward for the last 6 months of her life. Although she was oozing stomach acid through a hole in her abdomen, created to stop the infection and toxins getting into her blood stream, he never gave up hope that she would eventually come home.

Now he is lost. All the plans and dreams of what they would do when they retire all gone. They have no children and so he feels like life without her is futile. After watching Barbara in pain for so long, he is himself now in pain...of a different kind. Having been through this myself I am doing my best to reassure him and tell him that his pain will eventually heal.

And there's dear Laoi over at Solstice Breamer... who now feels that she shouldn't have spilled on this post about feeling so wretched... and there are other bloggers who are also in a lot of pain one way or another. Please do not feel bad about spilling, that's what we are here for, and why I created The Honest Blogger Award!

To all those and many others, known and unknown to us here on Blogger, I send warm loving light to everyone at present in pain, whether physical or emotional. For pain comes in many guises. Remember, the Sisterhood rocks. Sharing does not make us weak or less of a capable person, it makes us human.

PLEASE NOTE: Blue only stayed on the shawl for the duration of the photograph, then was given a swift foot up the...well gentle hand on the behind... I'm not in the habit of letting my precious shawls being used as a cat bed. FAR too valuable!

6 comments:

Kath said...

Sending peace, love and healing wishes to both your friends. It certainly puts ones own little complaints in perspective.Kath XX HUGS XX

Laura Hegfield said...

Sending reiki-love-healing-light to your friends in their suffering...yes so much suffering right now...me to...having hard time with language...getting harder every day...now almost I have my own form of english...but love and compassion...kindness...this heals us beyond the body...the body is so fragile...so temporary...important to remember that pain is temporary too...it comes and goes like waves...like breath in and out...that how I contend with pain...i watch it and notice that it does indeed remit...even if only briefly...it is those spaces between...those pauses where I dwell when pain is bad...maybe this is what your friend "amber" does too?

sending much love darling purple pixie!

Sue Simpson aka - The Purple Pixie said...

Thanks Kath... I see you had a wonderful time in Glastonbury...arrrgggh I'm so envious! lol

Sue Simpson aka - The Purple Pixie said...

thank you too Laura...but I think that you need healing light to yourself to. Your amazing and another blogger who is suffering and manages to be putting everyone else first. You are amazing and I really don't know how you do it. You are an inspiration.
Love and the brightest of blessings,
Sue xxx

CJ said...

Sending positive thoughts your way that your friends will find relief for their bodies and souls. One thing I love about your blog, Poppie is the WYSIWIG. What you see is what you get. We've never met face to face, never heard the other's voice, but reading your blog, I feel as if I'm in your kitchen having a cup of tea.

Sue Simpson aka - The Purple Pixie said...

hehehehe CJ, I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing regarding 'you know me so well' ... regarding the cuppa...you're welcome anytime hun just let me know when you're coming over and I'll get the chocolate in :o) xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...