Saturday, November 07, 2009

Lettering Art on Canvas - Rumi Quotation Let The Moving waters Calm Down

I've been working on a canvas today...... (Click on the pictures to enlarge)
Tomorrow (or should I say today - judging by the time!) I will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of two very good friends of mine Mrs Mog otherwise known as Amber Moggie or she who shall not be named (it;s all part of the mystery she tells me) and Mr Mog otherwise known as The Woodworker extraordinaire!

Now way way back in June Amber Moggie blogged about this shawl isn't it amazing and as I already have two shawls made by her, but neither of them Red, I just had to have it! That was the start of my 'Red' phase...and something that seems ongoing with me. Red is the colour of passion....hmmm not much happening in that department, but I seem to have an uncontrollable urge to buy RED stuff! Anyway, here is a sneak preview of the canvas I have done for her in return.
It's 16" x 20". Acrylic paint with silver pen and the lettering is done in FW Acrylic using a folded ruling pen and Brause nibs....specially flown in from the USA as I'm left handed and they have to be cut specially. No one supplied left handed Brause in the Uk and I find Wm. Mitchels terrible. I'm too heavy handed for them.

I've done a few Rumi Quotations lately and never even realised that this was one of his....just goes to show, you're never too old to learn something new!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share it with you before the presentation (*grin*)
I'm planning on doing a few stocking fillers both canvases and prints which will be sold as stocking fillers. As my website is down I'll post on here when I add them to my other 'Inspired by Script' blog and they're up for sale.

1 comment:

sue said...

:) lucky Mrs Mog.. tis beautiful x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...