Monday, February 09, 2009

Old Work, worked New, and New Work Worked!

New A3 Print for sale!
Buying an A3 printer was definitely a good move. Sometimes, A4 prints when reduced from an original A3 look quite different when scaled down. A good and satisfying layout can look wrong and out of place when made smaller. A lot of my larger work is done on A3 and for the extra cost of the paper it’s well worth printing as a size for size copy.

This print is a reworked piece that I did quite some time ago. Although the original is lovely and I’m really happy with it, I wanted to do it again (possibly to see how really bad my lettering is now my visual impairment is an issue). I love this quote and was happy with how it turned out. Quite a boost to the confidence to realise that it’s not as bad as I thought.
The Mark Twain quotation is a particular favourite of mine and teaches us to ‘Take risks and throw caution to the wind, that you have no time for regrets and you need to just go for it!.
it reads:
20 years from now
you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn’t do
than by the ones you did,
So throw away the bowline,
Sail away from the safe harbour
Catch the trade winds in your sails,
Explore, Dream, Discover.


I do intend to list them in my Etsy Shop, but if you would like to buy one in the meantime, please email me at:
inspiredbyscript@yahoo.co.uk They will be on sale for £7.50 including P&P to mainland UK. All other countries charged at cost and you can pay through Paypal.
Below is an idea I am working on.
It’s great being a nutty artist! Ideas come to you at the most inconvenient times. Now I haven’t the distractions of a relationship, getting home to prepare meals at a set time, shopping when I have to rather than when I need to, leaving the hovering and housework if necessary, I can run with ideas so much more freely. This was an idea that I had and really want to develop it into a series, this is the first working rough. I wanted to make a card, book and signed piece of art work in one neat little gift. The idea is taking shape, but the only problem you have is that shops want something for HALF their market value, so really when selling to trade customers you have to price yourself low and then because of this it can make even the best idea totally impractical. Selling through a shop rather than selling through the artist certainly gets you more publicity, but I also think that so many artists are undervalued in their work. I mean the artist has taken time and effort to produce the goods while the shops make the same amount (more even, because the artist pays for materials) for just putting it on a shelf.
No wonder we artists are known for starving!!!! Lol.Anyway, I’ll see what happens on this one and will let you know if this idea goes any further
The card opens to reveal a book and the artwork is concealed in a pocket at the back of the book. The pocket is part of the main cover.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...