Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Calligraphy Card - 40th Birthday Party Invitation

Well there’s noting so sure as…. We’re none of us getting any younger and try as we might, time flies by so quickly. What’s really shocking for me is that my son is fast approaching 30 (well in 2 years time) and my baby brother is turning 40 in the middle of March!
But, it gave me great pleasure to design and make his 40th Birthday Party Invitations. At first they were the ‘foolproof’ big lettering with tiny capital contrast, but somehow they didn’t capture the essence of him. So I redid them and used an informal, skeleton type foundational hand with them, then added the RSVP in tiny Arial font along the bottom.

The cover was in a wonderful orange (his favourite colour) and constructed as a 3 fold card.
The whole thing opened out Measures 11cm x 48cm (the advantage of having an A3 printer!) I punched out stars along the length to match the stars on the front.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...