Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hand Made Calligraphy Concertina Book

It's always useful when as calligraphers we have a preset format that seems to work. I've mentioned before about a wonderful tutor I had called Celia Kilner. I once commented to her that it was amazing the amount of work she did. She replied, of no darling, I just get an idea that works and do it to death! a philosophy that has worked for me ever since.
I can take hours on a concertina, but this particular client came in to the studio and wanted to card within an hour. So there was no time to think, play about with layout or start worrying about spacing, letterforms or anything else for that matter.
In fact it took less than an hour! So it just goes to show you CAN work fast if you really HAVE to. I can't say that my hands weren't shaking with panic as I wrote at breakneck speed. lol. But must admit I was pleased with the result considering.......


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...