Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Wedding Calligraphy

I don’t know where the time goes to thee days.
As the nights grow shorter my life seems to be hurtling past at the rate of knots.
In this time of economic crisis, I’ve been even more grateful of the work coming in, and far from slowing down it’s got busier!


My latest commission has been the place cards, seating plan and Alphabetical list, as well as the table names. I thought I’d share them with you. Nothing too spectacular, unfortunately Weddings being fairly formal and brides in the Uk still liking the ‘traditional’ rather than contemporary, there is little room for creativity. Still, as long as it keeps the wolves from the door, I’m happy to do this day in and day out if necessary!

Below are the place cards
Large Italic Christian names
with tiny capital surnames.
This solves the problem so often faced by calligraphers of the place cards being far too small for surnames!



Below is the Seating Plan,
there were 2 boards exactly the same, only 1 had an extra table on.
I managed to scan and print the monogram onto a card the same size as the tables so that when they stand together they will look balanced.


and a 3rd board completes the set.
To give you some idea of scale,
the word Alphabet is around 1" high.

Close Up Detail

And this must be my favourite job of all

The Table Names. Also VERY large letters, always a bonus when partially sighted. These are double sided and when you do them you really must make sure they can be read from some distance away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...