Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stand By Me

It’s not usual for me to make New Year Resolutions, but this year I plan to make an exception: I intend to Simplify my life.
I intend to grow my own veg, spend more time doing the things I want and less of the things I don't, give more back to the world I live in and try and get involved in a project that will benefit those less fortunate, in whatever way presents itself. I will be more aware of my footprint on this planet and become as self sufficient as possible and love and laugh more and perhaps try to worry a little less about the small insignificant things that happen unless it becomes a life or death situation! .... yeah, no big changes there then, just more of the same really lol.
HOWEVER.......
In these days of perhaps impending doom and gloom, the closing of many businesses both large and small and the subsequent loosing of peoples jobs and dignity that will go with it, I think the most we can hope for in the coming year is the same as we have had over the last…..the love and support of friends and family, in return for the same.
Despite the ridiculous situation our economy seems to be heading for, I wish you hope, peace, love and friendship for the coming year ahead. Hold on to your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride, but know that everything is easier if you have people to share it with.
For this reason, I offer the following video, sent from the heart.

Playing For Change: Song Around the World "Stand By Me"

And if I can put a teeny, tiny request out there to the universe for this coming year.... if there's a single guy out there like Mark Johnson.......I WANT ONE!!!!!! lol
Please watch this video One Love - Interview + an Unforgettable Rendition of "One Love" and pass it on.

Remember folks, at the end of our days, we will not be remembered for how much money we have accumulated, or what we have achieved, we will be remembered by what we GAVE to others. Lets at least pray for Peace, Love and One World, One Heart. Everyone enters the world being loved and the only thing we can take with us and leave behind is love....simple as that.

People come into our lives,

and softly go,

for whatever reason,

True friends are with us

forever.

To all my Blogging friends far and wide,

for your continued support and encouraging messages

both in comments and by email, I wish you

Peace, Hope and Love for 2009,

and i'll leave you with a quotation by Roald Dahl:

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic

will never find it.'.......

Brightest of Blessings,

Sue - Aka The Purple Pixie! xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...