Friday, December 12, 2008

To be nobody – but yourself –

Another quotation in my ever growing list that I find 'speaks to me' or is useful for someone close to me that would perhaps gain some wisdom from it....

To be nobody - but yourself -
in a world which is doing its best,
night and day,
to make you everybody else -
means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight,
and never stop fighting.
e.e. cummings

At times in our lives it's hard for us to just 'be' ourselves. We want to be what we consider ourselves, but society 'expects' us to look, act and behave in a certain way. Our job titles predetermine how we should act. I am one of the lucky ones, I'm sure that nutty and artist go hand in hand and could not even consider what my life would be like if I had to sit in an office all day.
To be alternative is only OK with those closest to you and others with similar alternative views.

How often are you really free to be yourself? People love you for 'who' you are not 'what you do', but in today's mixed up society, very often success is measured by wealth and possessions not personality, not unconditional love and caring for our fellow man.
Bring on the old ways. Feel free to be yourself (if you dare), make someone laugh or smile, give them a hug is they need it, and wear the clothes that reflect you! We are on this earth for such a short time, we are here to make the most of things, embrace and grab at every little piece of joy and happiness life can throw at us, so at the end we can look back and know that we lived it to the full.
Love often, play like a child, splash in puddles, roll down hills....
Ask yourself.... how differently would I live if I knew I only had 3 months to live?

You have the freedom to be yourself, who dares wins!

In love and light,
Sue xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...