Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Friendship Calligraphy in Frame

It always makes a refreshing change, when a client rings you enough not to need a long and lengthy consultation that we, as calligraphers, never got paid for. Very often it takes longer to discuss a job that the actual execution.
Once again I had a regular on the phone, the brief was simple: This quotation, Golds and silvers as usual and in a gold/silver frame. Oh yes… and this is my budget (ALWAYS HELPFUL to know)



I have put pictures on my blog before of pieces that I have one for her and usually the request is the same, I do however, try to keep them similar, but all different from each other.
One thing is certain… they all contain my trademark ‘squares’.

The mount board was spattered using a toothbrush, with gold and copper gouache paint, then the sprinkling of squares tumbled from the mount, through the work and back on the mount again. Making the mount and work ‘As One’.

And here it is in the frame.
You know you have done a good job
when you are loathed for the piece to go!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...