Thursday, March 05, 2009

New Blogger Needs Encouragement

New Blogger Needs Encouragement
I want to introduce you to a very close friend of mine. We first got to know each other when I started teaching calligraphy and must have known her for 20 years! She was one of those annoying types, that wouldn’t practice all week, then take your exemplar and do an instant reproduction with little or no effort.

We were soon at a point where we needed to go and get further tuition and learn for those who were more experienced. And so our journey began. We travelled many miles together and attended many workshops, extended study courses and summer schools. We also went through quite a lot of crap together to, in our personal lives. As our friendship grew, so did our spiritual development and bit by bit we swapped stories, ideas and knowledge. Everything has always seemed to go hand in hand. Like myself, we found power and strength in the philosophers and teachers from all traditions; this helped both our calligraphy and our spiritual growth.

When I lost my sight and wanted to give up, she wouldn't let me, informing me that I could do big and basically telling me I was talking a load of baloney! When Ken died I got very much the same response, and probably if it wasn't for her it would have been far easier to give up than carry on, but she was always there with a swift kick up the AR*E and I'm giving up my calligraphy or 'no I can't' wasn't an option. lol
I have been blessed that since Christmas she has lived close by and we seem to spark ideas off each other and get creative, often thinking in synchronicity about the same things at the same time. We are both really connected to the Earth and its energies and our personal development work is a catalyst for much of our work. Our work is similar, but different. We still share the same basic need to help others get through the less happy times through our work. We share the same ideals as well as morals and will openly nick each others ideas and encourage each other to take it further.

Yesterday at the studio we were working through a new idea. Hammering out potential problems and fine tuning the idea to make it work. Sue read some of her own writings, and I have FINALLY persuaded her to start her own blog…at long last! So please dear, good, creative people in blogland, go and have a look at her first posts, leave a comment (please) and give her a bit of encouragement. She has a lot of gifts to share and it will be worthwhile checking back often. Her new blog is
‘Spirit Whispers’ a fantastic name that is almost as wonderful as she is! Sue is a Calligrapher, Lettering Artist and Creative Bookbinder.... as well as a healer of broken spirits!1
So a big warm welcome Sue and now it's time for Karma...My foot is now up your AR*E! :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...