Sunday, March 01, 2009

Gratitude From The Heart, To All My Blogging Friends

Goodnight, my sweet old man,
And thank you for your wonderfully kind nature, companionship and high spirited bounciness you brought to my life, it was a joy and a pleasure to have you and you are so missed
.

My dear friends, this is long but please bear with me.....
Sometimes, I’m sure, most of us wonder why we blog. On the one hand we want to share with the world, our own world. We want to share the joys and the sadness, our creativity and innermost thoughts. our successes as well as our failures and our strengths as well as our weaknesses. For me personally my blog has grown and developed but my subheading still holds true “A sacred space to share my Calligraphy, Creative Bookbinding and Lettering Arts as well as my musings, with anyone that wants to listen”.
I’m sure when our daily statistics reach 40-60 people a day visiting our blogs, we wonder what folk fond so interesting about our seemingly mundane lives and why we feel the need to write it down. I have blogged about this before and from my point of view I write because I would be hopeless at writing a diary, so this is my way of keeping a record and will be out there, reaching out to others, until such time as I pull the plug. Sometimes I write about things I find uncomfortable in life, things I would perhaps prefer to keep inside at others I want to share and inspire others to just have a go, loose the fear of being wrong and just be themselves, the highs and the lows…. Because we are all human and we all have them. Many of us try to keep the negative stuff off our blogs, but the times I feel most touched is when something bad or not nice happens in our lives and we feel able to not only share it with the outside world, but people come out of nowhere, reach out and touch the heart of another’s suffering, without even having met them in real life. Our blogs help us create support, communities and connections that without the power of the internet would not otherwise be made. We realise that we are all connected by the sheer fact we are all human beings with human feelings and although we may be miles apart, the energy of that love and support reaches further than the eye can see.
I want to thank everyone for the messages, emails and the unconditional love shown to me over the last couple of days. I can never repay the kindness shown, but I know that it is not needed or expected. I often reflect on stories that over the years how ‘kind’ people were to me when my husband died, people connected by only the love of lettering came from all over the world, to raise some money for me at what was the most awful time. Once again I have found the same outpouring from kindred spirits. Through comments on my blog I have made new friends. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I felt the energy from here! I really did.

Surely is all we ever want in life is to know that we are not alone. We may come up with ideas that we think are so far off the wall, we may be just a little bit on the crazy side. We may have a belief system that we feel sets us apart from every other living being on the planet. We may act in a way that we think no one else will. We may create art in a way we think is totally unique or have emotions that we think are unlike any other, but let me tell you, however unique you think you are, it would be almost arrogant to think that we are the only one on the whole of this planet that thought like that. Although we are different, we are all very much the same. Whether you have a heart for goodness or not is another matter. In blogland I find that almost without exception we have!
So I’m sending everyone a great big hug (((((EVERYONE))))) to say A BIG THANK YOU for not letting me feel alone, with my pain, you have been a great comfort to me.

I’m still involuntary spilling out the tears every now and again; nothing in particular sets it off. Once was yesterday when I was with my Sister-In-Law and ALMOST went into the pet shop to buy dog chews, then looked in the pet shop window at all the dog for sale adverts! And once today while writing this. Dodger the young cat is walking aimlessly around the house looking for Deefer and crying out like I have never heard him do before. It will take some readjusting. But regarding the tears…..water is connected to emotions and when the water gets too much, the body has to spill it out somewhere. Keeping it inside would make us drown. For this is all part of the healing process. For now, I’m not drowning, but waving.

Love, light and bright blessings to you all,
Sue
Aka- The Purple Pixie
Aka- Poppie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...