Saturday, April 21, 2012

Time flies when you are having fun!

The Pixie and the Alchemist have great big smiles on their faces and have celebrated with a glass of Pimms tonight. We set ourselves a task a year ago when he moved in and one week short of our deadline ....we have made it!


We had between us 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms... as he was moving in with me there was basically 2 houses which somehow had to fit into 1. 
We basically kept the best of everything we had and I was determined that this house would become 'ours' so we bought items that needed renewing and chose them together. We also not only redecorated the whole house, but carpeted it all too.
There has been much discarding and during this we had a mew bathroom and shower fitted too! Madness and mayhem springs to mind! But it had to be done. 


Today was a milestone..... the last carpet was laid. At last, we can sit back and enjoy what we have achieved. The guest bedroom was the last to be done.... and it looks fabulous!


We've also been working hard at the studio and had a good old sort out there too. The Gallery/shop is all new and lots of storage space as well as getting rid of unwanted collected creative 'stuff'.... when 2 creative spirits join together it can be chaos.....for a while anyway.


Together the creative juices flow and he keeps me focused....something I sadly lacked before. It's nice to finally have someone who's supportive and has a creative mind.... the ideas just keep on flowing and growing.


It's been a busy year, as we've had to work, create, network, market AND get the house and garden together as well, but to be honest.... I wouldn't call it HARD work. Far from it, it's been a breeze. He's so calm and patient, it makes doing anything a pushover.


Oh.... and did I tell you.... right in the middle of all this, my son and daughter-in-law moved house and me and my son decorated the whole of their 3 bed roomed house too! I love decorating! That smell of emulsion especially, takes me places..... but AHEM! Enough of that.... my closest friends could let you into some of my sordid fantasies about painter and their overalls and the effect that paint has on me.... but that was a long time ago, when I saw the Chippendale's (not of the furniture kind!) and I have recovered since then.....well.... perhaps!  :o) 


Fortunately we both have the same drive and motivation when it comes to positivity.... and we firmly believe that you can achieve ANYTHING, if you only just put your mind to it! :o)


I haven't told him yet.....but I have my eyes on some gorgeous paint and I may just have to give the bedroom a bit of a freshen up......  :o)


Now then.....where's the Pimms??? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...