Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Painting Collage Doodles - Autumn Leaves

I don't know what got me thinking of Autumn,
when I love and look forward to Summer so much. 

Perhaps it was the colours in the scarf I was wearing
But then someone shared this on Facebook.

Which sent me to this Pinterest Page
and I was inspired to pick up those pens 
and water brush, and have a little play.

As I've been telling myself for a long time,
I really must get round to making an Art Journal,
I thought I would at least draw and paint 
some Doodle Leaves
to perhaps add to the front.


Then I got to thinking 
that I could, if I made a few of these
and cut them out....
make some sort of collage.
for the front.....

And here's the little pile I created...


I think they'll look fab on a book....



Then I took the design and added to it....
My art Journal seemed appropriate
and encouraging,
at least it's a start......

And of course.... ever the eternal caution filled Pixie,
I scanned and printed a couple out, just in case...


If I don't use them,
 I'm sure I can find someone else that will


And I'll probably add some of those loose leaves
to make the design even bigger



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool project!
I love Autumn and like your leaves very much!

Nina Fenner said...

Beautiful colours as always. Whenever I try to do this it never looks as good!

Sue Simpson said...

Thanks Simona. I'm planning on doing a few 'How To' posts.... if anyone's interested?

Sue Simpson said...

And Nina.... watch this space... I'll take you through a step-by-step process :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...