Saturday, January 07, 2012

Smile For No Reason

OK....it's still Winter, the light is returning, but not by any noticeably degree. After the fun and frivolity of the Christmas period, it's easy to feel down in the dumps as we get back to the mundane-ness of life.

It's important, if like me you suffer from S.A.D. to focus on the sunshine to come. The promise of the flowers that will soon be on their way.

A good morning, hello or smile given to a passing stranger can make all the difference to them. It costs nothing and it may be that YOU are the only person that has spoken to them all day.

Rarely is a smile not exchanged.... and so what if it isn't? It takes less muscles to smile than to frown and also releases endorphins within the body which will make you feel better and lighter.


I chose to illustrate this Power Doodle Quotation with Sunflowers. The giants of the flower world, that never cease to make me smile when I see them. That gorgeous sunshine yellow is definitely uplifting and the quote reminds me to SMILE.....even if it's for no reason :o)

2 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Makes me smile to look at.

Starstruckbooks said...

:D Love this, it made me smile...although I guess there was a reason! Happy smiling! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...