Friday, January 06, 2012

Onwards and Upwards

In the blink of an eye and flash of a star 2011 seemed to be over before it started. Where does the time go? I swear that time goes ever faster as we got older....or perhaps I'm having too much fun and want it to last forever!

Thankfully, yet another year with more great dreams than dramas!

We shared a wonderful extended holiday with family and friends and to be honest, by the end of the year we are whacked and need a break to recharge our batteries before the madness and mayhem begin again.

With Spring progressing to Summer comes Art Shows, Craft Fairs, Wedding Fairs, Camps and long walks in nature... it's certainly a busy old time and one that I wouldn't change for the world.

The year was marked with me and Steve moving in together and we settled down easily and effortlessly into our shared life. Thankfully, neither of us likes high drama and it's refreshing to at last have found someone who is not only calm and fun to be with but supportive and unfazed by most things.

The business has steadily grown and I think at last I am more focused on my goals and where I want to be, but with the artistic mind, anything could happen! .... we shall see.

Daisy is growing up fast and will be joined very shortly with a baby brother.....great news, another fun, little person to join the clan and for Gramps and Grandma to spoil rotten.

As many old time friends and followers of my blog know, I'm not one for resolutions.... to make them is heading for a fall in my opinion. So, I tend to make wish lists and come up with a word (usually given to me in meditation).

The *WISH* list this year was particularly difficult, as I believe I have everything I need, so instead I'm making a goal list....which is still in progress.


My word for this year though is


opportunity



and my affirmation will be:


I am open and available to opportunity.




Now, I'm not one to turn down opportunity, but I do have a problem with resistance to change and some of these opportunities involve change. Change makes me feel a little bit jittery and new things slightly fearful. I need to go with the flow and embrace new ideas, whilst not letting go of my gut instinct. I am with worlds greatest procrastinator, so I'll need to work against this. Above all though I am a pragmatist (I'm sure being a Virgo doesn't help much here!) but sometimes it's a strength not a weakness :o)



Above all, I want to take more time to do Art for myself. It's all very well having your own little business, but producing things with the sole intention of selling it can become like a straight jacket and stifles creativity.


I also intend to sort out my work/life balance. Spending time with Steve, my friends and family....most of all my Grandkids is important to me and those years, if lost, can never be replaced. Those early years of growing up are so important and all too soon, you turn around and they are all grown up.




I've watched over the last week, my fellow creatives, getting started on new projects. I've enjoyed my time off and appreciated the rest period.... but now I'm itching to get going, fully refreshed and rejuvenated.




As of Monday, it's all systems go and I'm looking forward to the unfolding year, with exciting new opportunities and challenges that it brings.




I hope everyone who reads my blog has a year filled with possibilities. Open yourself to new adventures and opportunities. Free of fear.


It's 2012, a new year and the chance of a slate wiped clean, all ready for you to create your new story.....what will yours be?




Many blessings for the year ahead,


Sue xxx

1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

Blessings sue...i finally arrive back here to catch up with you!

i have started the year by opening myself to lots of new possibilities by way of throwing off a millstone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...