Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Laws of Attraction




A couple of weeks ago I sat in the studio….looking around, bewildered and in a state of uncertainty. Just where DID all this paper, paint and other creative stuff come from?
I used to teach when my sight was good and buying paper was always excused by the ‘I need it for teaching’. Now almost 20 years down the line my buying of more creative ‘stuff’ is as crazy as ever. Then one day you wake up and wonder just HOW it got to this!
I just about make ends meet at the studio. It pays for itself (just) and that’s about all. I ponder over whether it’s a self indulgent fantasy that I will one day make an income from this…Any income at all would be nice.
I’ve always been an advocate of positive thinking, and Affirmations well at least I have since my (Big C) days and this has been put to the test on many occasions. Most of my work is based on this kind of thing, as well as motivational and inspirational quotations. I falter now and again (usually winter time) but on the whole I’ve always had the belief that EVENTUALLY the universe will take care of things. It was at my lowest ebb recently that I read about ‘The Secret’ on Violettes Blog. I made it my business to look this up and see if it was available in the UK. I bought a ‘Gratitude Stone’ and a FREE DVD from Ebay. Note the FREE. It was a poor downloaded copy but never the less was watchable and easy to understand especially as I had done a lot of positive thinking books before. About the same time I also bought a book on The Laws of Attraction. No this isn’t a dating guide but more of the same…what we put out there we get back!
I thought about things and remarked to Tony ‘I need some Wedding Orders!’ then I went into the garden and shouted I NEED MORE WEDDING ORDERS! Then apart from making the Wedding Portfolio (just in case I got and WEDDING ORDERS) I’ve put it to the back of my mind. I haven’t advertised anywhere, or made up leaflets, I haven’t contacted Wedding Shops or Bridal Outfitters…nothing apart from making the portfolio.
Then this week I’ve had 4 wedding orders and a Wedding Album to make for another client.
Now I believe in co-incidence but baring in mind that in 20 years of being a Calligrapher, I’ve only been paid for 2 weddings….I think this is more than just co-incidence or luck! I also believe in synchronicity and to make things even more weird….2 of the orders (the 2 pictured above) came from people in the same town in the West Midlands and neither of them knew each other!
If you haven’t read or seen The Secret I strongly recommend that you do. This books and DVD may not change your life, nor may you learn anything new...but then again....it just might!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...