Thursday, April 19, 2007

Canvases


I don't know what came over me here. I wanted to do a piece of work that was 'true to myself. I make no bones about the fact that I can't paint or draw with any skill. I can however do a mean splashy background. The colours here are influenced by the colours in my bedroom. I had bought some interference (sp) and wanted to have a go and see if they worked on dark backgrounds. The effect is fantastic. Like butterfly wings. The canvas needs more lettering on which I will do at a later date when I find something that floats my boat.


My son Paul wanted to do a canvas to go in his new licing room to go with a rug he bought. The picture above is him hard at work and the canvas below is the result. I've never worked on anything this large before and I must admit I like the freedom and the space.
My canvas is sprinkled with glitter and has sequined stars glued on also. I'll post pictures of this piece as it progresses.
I suggested that Pauls piece was missing some lettering...to which he only smiled and laughed...I take that as a no then. lol

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...