Tuesday, December 04, 2007

How comforting!

I managed to catch my mum on Instant Messenger last night and was telling her about this guy blog (The blog being 15 minute lunch) and how funny it was. She replied ‘Is it anyone we know?’. Well, I don’t know him and I think he comes from the States I replied. Now I must tell you at this point my mum has only recently got herself a computer and is practically self taught. She was a red head in her coloured hair stage, so you can imagine there has been much frustration at wanting to run before she walks when learning new things…AHEM. So although she knows I have ablog, I doubt very much that she reads it too often and I’m sure her eldest daughters life is too mundane really to be of any interest. Anyway, I really thought that she would laugh at this blog and especially the entry Strap in, shut up and hold on. We're going back. …. But she didn’t….she gently reminded me that this was the year I left school and home so I must have remembered clothes like that…..Errrrm… yes probably remembered them but didn’t ACTUALLY wear them….well I don’t think….OK OK I admit to wanting one of those tartan unisex shirts, but it’s only because I was into the Bay City Rollers….GULP! Did I really say that? And I’m sorry mum but I NEVER saw dad wearing a peppermint green trouser suit or and orange jump suit come to that… and if we want to talk about embarrassing clothes and the wearing of…. Didn’t you have a ‘shell suit’? I NEVER had one of those. Mind you, Mrs. eternal hippy here has never been the height of fashion so I expect that explains it. Lol.

and for anyone who doesn't know what a 'Shell Suit' looks like...Are you ready for this...it was neither made of shells, nor was it smart enough to wear as a suit. The rustled when you walked and the white ones were see through! They so and so's for static electricity and highly flamible! Don't all rush at once!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...