Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Creative Bookbinding

The following post is for anyone and everyone interested in making their own books but is at a loss tho where to start... in particular Alison from Woolgathering While I Sew .formally known as Foxgloves In The Breeze. (Hi Alison!)

I’ve lost count of the number of books I have, both calligraphy and Creative bookbinding. This book: Cover to Cover Creative Techniques for Making Beautiful Books, Journals and Albums, was one of the first ‘Creative’ Bookbinding books I ever bought and it’s been well used over the years.
Shereen did write another book,
The Art and Craft of Handmade Books

But there were many mistakes in it and she was so furious with the publishers that she wrote a huge amount of corrections on her web page. She was taking issue with the publishers, but sadly died from Cancer in September 2003 before the matter was resolved.


Another good book is Creating Handmade Books by Alisa Golden and she also wrote Unique Handmade Books.

All 3 books are good for either beginner or improver and focus on the more Creative and contemporary side of bookbinding rather than traditional.

2 comments:

????????? ??????? said...

hai,

just saw your highly creative works.
amazing...

ranjithvedika@gmail.com

Ms Scarlet said...

Oh crikey, I am a nightmare for calligraphy and craft books - and Amazon makes it far too easy to buy them. I have The Paper Card Book by Lisa Kerr, which is good for me because I'm a beginner... and I also have The Bookbinding Handbook by Sue Doggett - I can dream!
Sx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...