Saturday, December 08, 2007

Amusing Myself

It's been one of those days...you know the ones...where it's too cold and too wet to do anything but get to grips with the housework that's long forgotten and keep yourself amused.
Tony took me through to Darlington last night where we joined others in a small drumming circle....and we really 'rocked'. There was a poster on the door from a band wanting a drummer...I don't think that Djembes were exactly what they were after, but think they could have done far worse! lol.


Today, I've played
The Dolmen and one song in particular never ceases to amuse me and bring a smile to my face. I think I have to do this as my next piece of calligraphy...here are the lyrics...

DARKSKIES by The Dolmen


Dark skies call my name
Not as a stranger but as a friend
Dark skies call and wait
No sign of impatience butNo time to waste


Dark skies rain upon my face

As we dance within the stones
A moor land wind gathers like a ghost
To an audience of mystic fairy folk

Rich green moss blankets the sacred ground
Cushions made of nature beneath our hands
A passing rook winks a knowing eye
As we listen to the world and all its cries.


Dark sky hold us tight
Wrapped all around the woven silk of night
As we journey were guided by the song
Mystic fairy folk help us sing along


Dark skies rain upon my face
As we dance within the stones
A moor land wind gathers like a ghost
To an audience of mystic fairy folk

If you want to hear the lyrics sung, click
HERE
and listen to the YouTube video,
the song is about 1/3 of the way through.
The song is from the Album Dolmen Folk
available from here.
I think we've seen them twice this year at the Mercian Gathering and again at Witchfest. If you like Folk Rock and want to really feel your age with this lively band, please go and see them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...