Wednesday, February 01, 2012

5 Most Inspirational Creative Spirits I know.....

I've been meaning to do this post forever.....well for at least the last few months! I'm often asked where do I get my inspiration from. I'm inspired by nature, positive thinking, motivational quotes, philosophy, colours, oh and many, many other things. Most importantly I am inspired by other creative spirits and I'd like to share with you my top 5. I couldn't decide what order to put them in as they are all equally important to me...so I decided to put them in alphabetical order to avoid favouritism.


First off, I offer you the wonderful Joanne Sharpe of Whimspirations. Wild and free lettering, bright optimistic colours and a flair for mad doodling. Pop over and see her blog here....


Then comes Joanne Fink and her wonderful Zenspirations. I first got to know about Joanne's work, when during my beginner years as a calligrapher and bought Calligraphy and Lettering Art Books from America. If you haven't managed to Doodle and don't know where to start, Joanne's Zenspirations will open up a world of simple, clean lined and funky drawings, which will amuse and encourage even the beginner in this art form. Joanne can be found here.
http://www.zenspirations.com/


Then there's the beautiful Lori Vliegen from Elvie Studio. I love her blog and look forward to her 3 times a week posts which act as a quick fix for me. I love her lettering style and more subtle colours as she uses watercolour crayons and a simple waterbrush with a fine micro pen to create her magical little works of art. Lori's blog is here http://elviestudio.blogspot.com/


Ahhhh, the wonderful work of Martha Lever and her blog at Art Du Jour. Her work has developed and changed over the years and I love the enthusiasm that comes over in her art and blog posts.
Martha can be found on the following link at

http://marthalever.blogspot.com/


Finally we have Violette Clark from Violette’s Creative Juice. I've known of Violette for some 5 years now....ever since I started blogging. We share the same madness for colour, creativity and we seem to have not only read a lot of the same books, but go through similar events together. Sort of spiritual sisters across the pond. Her work is vibrant and there's not an ounce of self-consciousness to be seen. Her art is what it is. Every woman is a Goddess and every woman seems to go through the same rites of passage. Her work is optimistic and motivational and I would advise you to take a look at her amazing blog http://www.violette.ca/





Hopefully, you will see these artists work influence but not copied in my work. My Power Doodles were spurred on by these amazing women. In many ways they are all similar, working with positivity, but in other ways they are so different. I guess what I am looking for here is the common denominator that sparks something within my psyche and gets my Creative Spirit flying. Whatever it is, these 5 women do it for me and really float my boat.


I thank each and every one of them for their generosity in sharing their creativity in Cyberspace so that others can be motivated and inspired.


Blessings to you all xxx

2 comments:

Martha Lever said...

You are just so sweet to include me in this illustrious group! My goodness! Thank you so much! ♥♥♥

Sue Simpson said...

You are very welcome Martha ... thanks for being such and inspiration! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...