Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I'm so dizzy! My head is spinning....like a whirlwind it never ends....

well, actually, that's not entirely true....



it does calm down eventually,



and nothing lasts forever...




A week ago today, we left the hospital, a little dazed and in shock. Steve's been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and after a two and a half hour consultation....we left the hospital CPAP Machine in hand.


We were shocked, because after monitoring we really thought they would say that everyone stops breathing every once in a while and his results were nothing out of the ordinary. How wrong we were.... he actually manages to stop breathing 51 times and hour! The result of this is oxygen levels drop and your heart rate goes up and POW! you gasp for breath and all is well, until the next time. You can imagine what he feels like been woken up 51 times an hour.


We are reassured and have proved that after 1 week, Steve feels fully awake and alert all day long....something most of us take for granted.Not to waste the day and in his usual, lets make the best of this manner....he decided to take me to Whitby and treat me to fish and chips at my favourite restaurant.... we have both been vegetarian for 28 years.....but I do like to eat fish now and again..... mainly because I believe that women need their calcium and other good things not found in the main veggie diet.Whitby was a little sharp, but the sun shone and we gradually came to terms with what we had been told. I was looking forward to seeing him feel 'eyes open, wide awake', not only in the mornings but during the day and evenings too. So often, sleep apnea can be mistaken for laziness, which he very much isn't.



4 days later, his new kiln had arrived (he's like a dog with 2 tails!) and we went to the studio to try it out and then came the snow! It was lovely and toasty in the studio....but I couldn't resist some snow writing....


Smile for no reason!



Can I just add, that this photo was taken just before I almost fell flat on my asse (which will give you cause to laugh FOR a reason!)..... my balance these days isn't what it used to be lol. I bought some banner blanks. I was quite taken with them and decided to sod the expense, as there was no way I could cut those fluted edges myself, for the price I had to pay for someone else to have done it before me....anyway....I wanted to have fun! I'm offering these banners to order.... perhaps with Mr & Mrs for Weddings or Beccy's 18th for birthdays or whatever....

Yesterday, I created a new design for my Wedding Stationery collection.

I've a few more ideas in the pipeline. Although I love to work with the bride and groom and create something just for them, it's nice to have a jumping off point,,,,These are in silver foil, but there are lots of colours to choose from....

While I was making the banner, I decided to create a wall plaque out of A4 sized MDF and personalised it with the names and the date, to be used as a commemorative gift for the newly married couple. Perhaps they will sell, perhaps not....but it's another idea for visitors to the shop.


All in all, quite and eventful week. Steve's got used to the CPAP, so have I and I now have a bright eyed and bushy tailed man, who in my opinion is amazing for getting to grips with having air pumped up his nose at great pressure all night and STILL managing to sleep! I feel quite emotional, that at last he's getting the sleep he should and now feels like the rest of us have been feeling for years. Perhaps now, he won't think I'm such a live wire, always rushing around and on the go.....In fact, I may find it hard to keep up!


All is well with the world! :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...