Monday, February 06, 2012

Sunflower Healing



I have quite a few friends at the moment, who are going through a really hard time. I wish there was something I could do....but I can't and this affects me greatly! Sometimes there seems to be no let up in peoples struggles. All 'we' the ones close by, can do is hope, pray and keep them in our thoughts.

Is the human spirit indestructible?

Healing is always possible

but not inevitable.


All living beings & systems

attempt to re-establish stability after trauma.

when we have dealt with hardship & pain

we do not return to being who we were before the struggle.


Hemingway wrote:

some will be stronger in the broken places.

it is a surprise to realize I am both stronger & more fragile

than I imagine or remember.


Sending sunflowers,

to brighten your day

and lift your spirits high,

to all those who need them.

xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Leanne said...

hello pixie sue! been a while! just wanyted to say how cheerful that sunflower was to stumble uipon right now! really brightens up a bloomin freezing february mnorning!!

Leanne x

Sue Simpson said...

Well hello Leanne! Good to see you again. So glad the sunflower cheered you up a wee bit. It's Imbolc and the Spring is on it's way. Stick with the coldness.....we are warming up! :o) xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...