Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pen Play.....Doodle Fun!

Autumn Equinox is here....and a natural time for winding down.....why is it then that I feel so creative? Perhaps it's the thought of the nights drawing in, belly filling food, crisp mornings and warm cozy log fires that will soon be upon us. Whatever it is, it happens at the same time every year.
As I continue with my Doodle Art, I'm finding that I'm becoming More and more obsessed. It takes me back to when I was a kid and I always had time to create.....for no other reason than pure self indulgent pleasure. These Doodle Frames are just the beginning....



They are drawn with a 0.5, permanent pen and with NO pre-planning. Perhaps I enjoy this spontaneous way of working, because it becomes organic and grows from a small starting point...





Because there is no pr- planning, there is no set time to stop. The piece can just grow and grow.





These pieces may be finished or not.....we will see. After the first couple the ideas come thick and fast. Perhaps I will add colour, perhaps I will add words, but more so on my mind is to make them into a colouring journal for adults, something I have been thinking about for some time.





There was no set reason as to why I started these. No hidden agenda. No ultimate goal in mind. Just a Creative Spirit, enjoying a little 'ME' time, after the flurry of the last few months.


However they develop, I will keep posting them.




The greatest appeal for me is the lack of materials needed to create them. This means they can be done anywhere and with just a pen and paper.




Why not grab a cuppa, pick up a pen and start doodling today?



Trust me it's addictive.....so stock up on the ready meals :o)

BUT - If you really can't be bothered and fancy a bit of Art Time, I've left the pictures big, so feel free to click on the one/s you like and print them out.....you may even add to mine.....if you do PLEASE leave a comment and link back to this post....lets see if anyone wants to participate?




Blessings to your 'Creative Spirit' this equinox xxx


5 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

They are very quirky! I have a font that will go with that....
Sx

Sue Simpson said...

Hey Scarlet.....care to share? Or are we keeping that one a secret? lol. Thanks for commenting....it's very much appreciated....sometimes (depite what my stats say) one can feel very lonely in here xxx

Bev said...

More useful that zentangles...just as addicting!

Ms Scarlet said...

I have shared... but it needs a little tarting up!
Sx

Steve Smith said...

you keep amazing with new work and creations. Your my muse my soul mate my best friend and my love. :o) xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...