Tuesday, June 01, 2010

What's Been Going On...

Well.....lots and lots and lots and lots actually....and as most followers and readers of my blog are also friends with me on Face Book....I won't re-hash the more personal news here. However, first off, new direction and with the rethinking of my business and the need to actually not only pay my bills but also at some point in my life make a living out of it, I've started with the repainting of the Gallery...
Many paint swatches and much dilemma as well as being terrified of picking a neutral, neutral that would go with just about anything....All the shelves were painted too, so at last I feel like the whole place comes together.....much like my old place in Darlington.
The pale shelves set off the Concertina Books wonderfully.
And are just as suited to the Paler pieces of work....
As they are to the brighter pieces.....
All in all, I'm happy with the result. I have taken down old, worn out and jaded pieces of my work that no longer reflect my work now and the services available. Now, in between working I need to rehash the store room, which was originally a store room come office. I feel creatively stifled sometimes and I need to reopen my space. A good weekend and a skip seems like a good idea lol. More blogging and more photos will follow, until then, keep your Creative Spirits flowing,
Meanwhile if you want to follow me on FaceBook CLICK HERE
Brightest Blessings,
Sue xxx

6 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

It looks so bright and airy! And tidy!

Sue Simpson said...

Thanks CJ....yes it certainly is ;o)

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh sue, such a creative workspace:) yes that color suits to set off everything:) very good!

Kath said...

I was pleased to see you posting again Sue (I don't have Facebook), I was just thinking about you, as I am preparing for my monthly trip to Glastonbury.
I'm happy to find you in such good spirits.

Sue Simpson said...

Thanks Leslie.....for one who is normally used to more ....errrr shall we say bright colours, it certainly is a change ;o)

And Kath.....you are off to my spiritual home, ohhhh lucky you! Say a great big hello to the Tor from me. Hopefully it won't be too long till I get down there again.

Kath said...

...I'll let you into a secret, we are house hunting!....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...