Monday, June 28, 2010

Magic in Glastonbury - The Dream Coat

If Glastonbury does nothing else, it makes people smile....lots! Perhaps their ability not to take life too seriously helps. There's a more relaxed attitude to life and that probably what draws me there the most. People have time, no rushing, no deadlines, no panic.....flowing, gentle energy and lots of love and kindness going on. Regular readers of my blog will know my affinity with positive, motivational and inspirational quotations....and it's pretty much a coincidence that on our last day we met Nicola, a beautiful Pixie Spirit with her Dream Coat of many colours....well actually I never met her.....Steve picked her up first, telling me that he had met a girl in the Cafe that wanted to swap one of her dreams for his....Hmmmm....helped along by the fact that she was beautiful I expect ;o)

My first reaction was...Oh yes and what medication is she on....but then she glided out with her coat of many colours and I called her over....And no she was not on medication, nor did she want paying.....and the story of her coat brought smiles all round.

So, the idea is that each pocket holds someones dream.... And you are asked to put your dream in any pocket of your choice, but first you have to take one out......

Here's what we picked........The picture should enlarge if you click on it.....

Nicola intended to walk from Glastonbury to Pilton where the festival was being held. So if you see her on your travels, stop her and swap a Dream or Two.
Interestingly while we were chatting we found we both have a lot of similar ideas regarding the increase in Creativity that is around at the moment, we both want to teach Creativity Classes and while her idea is a Dream Coat, I want to do a similar thing with Words For Peace in the UK....An exhibition made up from donated Art, hung in a collection and exhibited in perhaps more than one venue.....At the moment, it's just an idea....gestating away and seeing how I can make my dream a reality.
What Dream would you add to the pocket???
Do you still dare to dream????

3 comments:

Kath said...

What a fabulous idea. I think my dream is about to come true, so I won't ask any for more for myself, but I dream of a more tolerant society. I work with elderly and disabled folks, who experience much discrimination, impatience, even ridicule and downright rudeness.

Sue Simpson said...

Ohhh yes sir-eee, I think your dream is about to come true too, and I am so happy for you, you lucky girl ;o)
And I know about the elderly/disabled predjuces that really need to be address....since when did we stop caring about our older folk? xxx

Steve Smith said...

That was lovely, where do you get the time to do things like that. You are a lady of many words and passions. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...