Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shoot For The Moon

Shoot For The Moon,



Even If You Miss,



You'll Land Among The Stars



Les Brown



I love this quote. If I've done it once I've done it a thousand times.....well, ok, so I exaggerate a little. But I have written this a LOT of times!
How often we aim low, so as to avoid disappointment, as a result of fear of failure and because we don't Believe in ourselves.


Sometimes the fears lie deep inside us and can even come from way back in our childhoods. We must look at these fears....Is it not better to take a risk and fail, than never try at all. What's the worst that can happen?



But wait one minute....what if it succeeds? There's a 50/50 chance that you will win. Surely it's worth a gamble, providing it's not life or death that is :o)




Everything we do in life involves some risk. Sometimes you will win and sometimes you will not. I hate the word FAIL, I think it should be banished from the dictionary.....FOREVER! In my book there is no such thing as FAIL....for what's a failure anyway? Something that wasn't as successful as you or maybe someone else believed it SHOULD have been...there's another word I cannot stand 'Should'....SHOULD means 'COULD!'.






Think about it.



Someone says:



You SHOULD put that over there,



You SHOULD try it this way,



you SHOULD have handled it better,



You SHOULD....Need I go on?






You Answer:



Yes I COULD have put it over there,



Yes I COULD try it that way,



Yes I COULD have handled it differently,



Yes I COULD!!!



But I chose to do it MY way!






And better I aimed at the moon,



and landed among the stars,



than never even got off the ground!






SHOULD is telling someone what to do.



COULD is suggesting a solution.



The decision is up to them/you.






So let's eradicate FAIL and SHOULD



and turn them into WIN and COULD



Care to join me?






If you find this post interesting, encouraging or think it would be of value to someone else right now, please share using the share links below.



Feel free to add your comments
or share your wisdom on this topic
by clicking the 'comment' button below,
alternatively feel free to comment on my Facebook page.




Thank you and Creative Blessings,



Sue x






Items featured on my blog can be found in my Etsy Shop

1 comment:

Steve Smith said...

Great blog, again. A point I would like to share is that a failure is not a fail but a learning experience. e.g. that way doesn't work so I will try another way. Therefore turning a potentially negetive result into a positive outcome.
Keep up with the great advise :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...